The Association for the Preservation of Memorials of the Dead was born out of Philip D. Vigors fervour to honour the dead by preserving the tomb and headstones that marked where a person or family’s’ remains were interred. Through the enlistment of willing participants in this endeavour the Association compiled an impressive catalogue of volumes, dating from 1888-1934, pertaining to the engravings and epitaphs that so reverently evoked a families’ memories of a loved one(s) who had passed. In Volume X it was announced that the Association had taken over the Dublin Parish Register Society. The Index to the Parish Registers was first included in Volume XI. Given its number of pages we have published this addition separately.
There are no comments yet