The Irish Family History Centre is located in the CHQ Building, and is part of the EPIC experience.
EPIC showcases the unique global journey of the Irish people. EPIC is located in the beautiful vaults of the iconic chq Building, which dates from 1820, and is situated on Custom House Quay in the centre of Dublin. EPIC will be the home for the stories of 10 million men and women who are the roots of 70 million people from all walks of life.
As part of EPIC's visitor experience The Irish Family History Centre will be Introducing an exciting way for visitors to search for Irish Ancestors and discover their own unique family story while exploring Irish heritage along the way.
Irish Family History Centre, will allow visitors to:
- Get advice from a genealogy expert.
- Use interactive display screens to engage and uncover more about your Irish roots.
- Discover more about Ireland’s Emigration and Migration.
- Play our fun quiz to test your knowledge on Ireland.
- Take a seat at one of our workstations where you can sign up to the Irish Family History Centre and join our online community.
- Access records on FindMyPast’s website where you will be able to search through the largest number of Irish family history records such as:
- Birth/Marriage and Death records
- Census records
- Parish Records
- Travel and migration records
All visitors to the Irish Family History Centre will receive a complimentary pack when they leave, which will include
- Information relating to different websites and places that will help you with your research around Dublin
- 1 month’s FREE world subscription to Findmypast
- 1 month’s FREE subscription to irishfamilyhistorycentre.ie
- And much more
You can also enjoy shopping in the retail area where you will find:
- Books on surnames and other genealogy related topics
- Family Tree DNA Kits
- A Selection of souvenirs for you to treasure
Knowing who you are and where you come from is something we feel everyone should get excited about. We want you to unearth your Irish roots in the most memorable way you can. After visiting The Irish Family History Centre, we hope you will have learnt something new about your Irish Ancestors and did so in a new and engaging way.
Book your Single Ticket Entry to Irish Family History Centre for €12:50
Book a 1 Hour Pre-Booked Consultation with Genealogy Expert
Book a 1/2 Hour Pre-Booked Consultation with Genealogy Expert
To purchase a ticket to the Irish Family History Centre head over to the EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum.
Combo Ticket - Price: €24.00 (Includes the full EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum experience and entrance into the Irish Family History Centre)