Browse our range of products
Irish Lives Remembered Issue 56 (Spring 2022)
What is inside?
Welcome to the Spring 2022 issue
Thank you for your patience on this issue - we're delighted to announce that this is the first issue with our new Editor for Irish Lives Remembered, Brigit McCone. This issue offers a wealth of articles on Irish lives, recent and distant, and a trove of genealogy tips to help you with your research.
- Fiona Fitzsimons – Maureen the Scarlet-haired O'Hara's Roots!
- Brigit McCone – The Celt and the Cossack: Connecting Irish and Ukrainian Nationalism
- Eamonn P. Kelly – Imbolg: Brigid and the Rites of Spring
- Nathan Mannion – Playing the World: Gaelic Games Abroad
- Paul MacCotter – The Cotter (or MacCotter) Family of County Cork
- Brian Mitchell – Derry~Londonderry: Emigration from the Foyle by sail and steam
- Gerard Leen – The Surprisingly Political History of Cahersiveen, County Kerry
- Katharine Simms – The Standing Council of Irish Chiefs and Clans of Ireland Prize in History 2022
- The Four Courts Press Book Excerpt – Roscommon:The Irish Revolution 1912-23 (published 2021) by John Burke
- The Genealogical Publishing Company Book Excerpt – Irish Relatives and Friends: From “Information Wanted” Ads in the Irish-American 1850-1871, (published 2001) compiled by Laura Murphy DeGrazia and Diane Fitzpatrick Haberstroh
- The Four Courts Press Book Excerpt - Crime and punishment in nineteenth-century Belfast: the story of John Linn (published 2020) by Jonathan Jeffrey Wright
- Dear Genie (Our Genealogists help you with your research block)
- Photodetective (Jayne Shrimpton analyses one of your family photos)
- FMP Roundup (Jessie O’Hara lets us know of the new Irish genealogy records that have been added to Findmypast)
Browse our range of products that can help trace your family ancestry and learn the story of your families history and past.