Browse our range of products
Irish Lives Remembered Issue 57 (Summer 2022)
What is inside?
Welcome to the Summer 2022 issue
We're delighted to announce the latest issue of Irish Lives Remembered is now available to enjoy! As always, we offer you a wealth of articles on Irish lives, recent and distant, and a trove of genealogy tips to help you with your research.
- Fiona Fitzsimons – Untangling the Mythical Origins of Michael Collins
- Eamonn P. Kelly – Áine, Radiant Goddess of Summer
- Maurice Gleeson – Hints and Tips for Keeping Secure When Testing Your DNA
- Robert Flanagan Stieglitz – Reader’s Story: Tracing Great-Great-Grandfather’s Y Chromosome to Ancient Ireland
- Hannah Mac Auliffe – The Significance of Linea Antiqua as an 18th-century Genealogical Manuscript
- The Association of Professional Genealogists – Is Genealogy Elitist? An Open Letter
- Nathan Mannion – Remembering David Herbison, Ballymena’s Poet Laureate
- Deirdre Powell – Groundbreaking Kay McNulty, Computer Programming Pioneer
- Brigit McCone – The Notorious Elicia Butler, Debauched Abbess of Medieval Waterford
- Trina Y. Vargo – The Mitchell Scholarship: Canary in the Coalmine?
- The Four Courts Press Book Excerpt – Her Keys To The City: Honouring the Women Who Made Dublin, by Lord Mayor Alison Gilliland and Clodagh Finn (published 2022)
- The Genealogical Publishing Company Book Excerpt – SCOTS-IRISH LINKS, 1525-1825: CONSOLIDATED EDITION. In Two Volumes, by David Dobson (2022)
- Dear Genie (Our Genealogists help you with your research block)
- Photodetective (Jayne Shrimpton analyses one of your family photos)
- FMP Roundup (Jessie O’Hara lets us know of the new Irish genealogy records that have been added to Findmypast)
Browse our range of products that can help trace your family ancestry and learn the story of your families history and past.