The Irish Family History Centre is run by Husband and Wife duo Brian Donovan and Fiona Fitzsimons and of course without sounding biased we think they should win the title this year! We are asking all our follower to take two minutes of their time and give them your vote!
If you’ve voted previously you’ll see a change this year. To increase fairness voting will require access through your Google account. It will mean you can change your vote by signing in again with your account.
1. He’s a man with a plan. He steered the Irish digital revolution, bringing 120 million Irish records (and counting) to Findmypast and the National Archives website.
2. By providing access to the records to more people, he’s brought in an entirely new audience to genealogy
– The new generation of professional genealogists
– The new hobbyists “doing it for themselves.”
3. He gets it that genealogists don’t just live in Dublin. In the last 12 months Brian has probably given more public talks than any other irish genealogist (except perhaps, his wife!), in Ireland, the U.K. and the U.S..
4. He doesn’t take himself too seriously, and won’t be offended if you don’t.
1. She promotes popular interest in Irish family history
– Summer talks series in the NLI since 2012
– Articles in Irish Independent, Sunday independent, History Ireland, Irish Lives Remembered, APG Quarterly, NGS Magazine, etc.
2. She’s encourages greater professionalism in genealogy and shares what she knows – she’s the power-house behind the monthly Expert Workshops for CPD since 2014
3. She creates opportunities for other genealogists to give talks / workshops, or get articles in print.
4. It will put a smile on her face.